Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Marathon has begun...

Probably long long overdue for an update...
But as I mentioned in my last post, I've been lining up some things in life... and suddenly my free time has gone from an abundance, to very little. In fact, I think this is the first night in a long time, I'm actually sitting down in front of my computer... with nothing super pressing to be done. *phew* Where to begin? First and foremost, I began the first tiny step on my journey (aka The Marathon) - for those of you who are out of the loop - I'm going back to school. This summer was the first pre-requisite course at Ryerson (I need 3) ... and the first time I actually stepped foot inside a classroom in just over a decade. I can't even express how shattered my nerves were the first day of class... But as my good friend assured me... once I stepped inside the classroom, all those nerves soon dissipated, and I was feeling pumped, and eager to learn. It was an "intensive" course, in that, I crammed a summer's worth of knowledge into 3 weeks (Mon-Thurs). After 3 weeks of living and breathing this course, I came out the other side quite pleased with my mark. (It should also be noted that this was my first University course ever). What I gleaned from the course, was a) I LOVE/ADORE University, and b) I really REALLY need practice on essay writing. Overall, I came out with an A+ and 4.33 GPA.
 One down, 2 more to go... but not before I enroll in College (2 year diploma) that is yet another piece to a much larger picture... A picture that has me holding a degree, and getting ready to pursue a Masters. .....

However, let's not look ahead to the finish line yet. One down, and more ground work laid... I have moved to the city of the college I want to attend, I've started back to work (finally!) ... and am slowly getting into a groove with life... I also recently just interviewed for a volunteer position... so I should have some great experiences with that as well. (The volunteer position ties into my career path, so it's another piece to the puzzle).

Now onto the bigger chunk of puzzle... applying to college.
For some reason... I get more stressed out at figuring out school applications than say writing an exam. Go figure.

Outside of that, I joined a gym, but have yet to go... booo... (I'll cut myself some slack, only due to the fact that I was sick almost immediately after joining.... ) but I really need to get on that. ... and just riding life's up's and downs .... and taking them as they come.

I'm REALLY excited to start school again, and just wish I could fast forward to September already... but as I stated before... this is not really a sprinting exercise, so I shall pace myself... and keep taking things as they come....

No comments:

Post a Comment